With globalisation, the world has become one big market place. Hence to succeed and grow in any business, it becomes important to travel round the world. It is generally seen that business practices remain more or less the same in countries around the world. What differs from country to country and region to region is the culture and the language.
Hence for global or international business to succeed knowing the language of the place is a must. For example a native English businessman travelling to Spain would require English to Spanish translation Dubai in order to be able to put forth proposals and execute deals.This, in itself, would have been a cumbersome and almost impossible affair but for the presence of translational agencies.
What are translational agencies?
Translational agencies are companies which employ people proficient in many different languages. This helps them to act as translators between people from different language speaking countries. Hence irrespective of whether the requirement is for english to spanish translation or English to Hindi translation etc., these people help to facilitate communication between people from
• International business houses and
• Government officials or local people native to a country with a different language.
In fact it would not be wrong to say that these translators act as liaison agents between the local government and multinational companies.
Prerequisites of a good translation agency
The selection of a good translation agency can play a very important role in the success of the outcome of a business deal. Hence care must be taken to ensure that the agency selected has
• Specialised knowledge: Business is a multi-faceted affair. It is, hence, very important for translators employed by the translation agency to be well versed with the nuances of finance, marketing, rules and regulations etc. Even though it is not possible to be knowledgeable about everything at once, these translators should be willing to go the extra mile to gather pertinent knowledge about the business they are currently dealing in.
• Experience: Before employing a translation agency it is very important to ensure that they have the required experience in this field. References provided by them should be relevant to the concerned business and need to be cross-verified. They should also have the experience in certain specialised field related to business.
• Delivery on time: Setting up a business or branch of a business overseas requires a lot of prior investment in terms of time, money and manpower. Hence if the deliverables from a translation agency are not on time, the business house would incur heavy loss. Since time is money, especially on foreign soil, care must be taken to select a translation service well-known for having a short turn-around-time.
A good translation service is like a bridge connecting success to a new business venture. It is, therefore, very important for this bridge to be good and strong.